VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a apr rep and they told me that it doesn't take much water to get in your cold air intake to get hydrolock. I have a aem cold air. I'm not sure if i should take the intake off or not. He kind of scared me when he told me this. Has anyone had hydrolock and if so how much water where you in. Do u think i should switch to a regular intake?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
They arent for turbo cars, have u ever felt your filter after driving in heavy rain? After a 1hour trip on the highway in a downpour i felt my friends golf1.8t with an EVOms CAI, filter was damp on maby 20% of it, the entire back was dry as could be, The entire filter would need to be soaked through...not something your should eb worried about but that doesnt mean go dive in 8" puddles...

EDIT: Regular intakes (Assuming ur talking about pflow style) do more bad then good. Better off going to airbox before ever getting a pflow!

[ December 30, 2003: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
345 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EastCoastDubz420:
should i get a bypass valvue? i heard there not for turbo cars<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Bypass Valve" already comes with most STOCK 1.8t cars, but could be changed to many other different kinds. The VW 1.8t already comes with one, but it sucks~!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI 1.8T:
"Bypass Valve" already comes with most STOCK 1.8t cars, but could be changed to many other different kinds. The VW 1.8t already comes with one, but it sucks~!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Technically, more of a "diverter" valve, but I think we all know what you meant. I also have to agree whole heartedly with everything 98a4 meantioned.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 6 of 6 Posts