VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this morning it was raining and my car started skipping and runing like shit and all that kinda fun stuff. i get to work and start looking around under the hood and i see that my Cold Air intake is leaking water out the 1in little filter. i was like wtf so i took it apart at the mass and it was filled with water. throwing a mass circuit low code. so i took the cold air off for temp as im looking for a way to stop the water from being sucked up by the turbo. I found this. and im wondering what everyones opinion on it is or if anyone has put one on there car whether or not they actually work.

Red JDM 2 75" 70mm Cold Air Intake Bypass Valve Filter for Volkswagen | eBay

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would just go short ram if you really want the intake. You do run the risk of sucking up water in a true cold air intake. That's why I took mine off when I got my GTI. You can hydrolock the engine if you get too much water sucked up into the intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put in a short ram air. Having a filter so close to the ground it will suck up any water on the ground. If you live some where with snow it will suck the snow around the filter an plug off ur intake. Ram air is the way to go

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking about building a air induction threw a hood scoop but idk if i wanna cut the hood all up and paint and weld and all the other hassle thats gonna come with building the inlet tube and dam and everything else ill have to deal with to do so. im just foing to build a box around the intake so it wont take on water from below or from the wheel wells

1 - 4 of 4 Posts