VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 85 Jetta and no mods done yet but i wanted to put a cold air intake system in it? i am wondering if there are any made for 8v 1.8? or what would be a good mod to start with? any ideas thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
you cant really do cold air on your car but what i think u can do is get a k&n filter for it so its flows...yur best options for that engine woudl be exhaust and cams or a 2.0 aba bottom end

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks whats the 2.0 aba thingy? and also what about a pflow kit what would that do for me? anything?

·
Registered
526 Posts
you cant get a p flow for your car as far as i know and the aba is where you take the 2.0 aba bottom end(from a 93 to 95 golf or jetta) <<they work the best>> and put the head you have on your car on it so u can retain the fuel injection you have. you get monstrous torque and about 15 to 25 extra horsies..def worth it if you cant afford a swap

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do i go by doing that? hmm how much is it and stuff thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
if u do it yurself your looking at like 500 tops and if u have someone do its take 500 + about 10 hours * $75.00(maybe $50.00 depnds who does it)

·
Registered
140 Posts
ya do the 2.0 bottom end swap. with the cold air intake thing..... get a ABD big bore intake tube, a k&n filer and and euro sport box bottom. the euro sport box bottom is a metal bottom to your air box only with one side cut out of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry i am a big newbie at this stuff...can anyone explain or have direction on what i should be doing? that would be soooo helpful i am just starting to get into cars

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The euro sport thin gis pretty cool. And deffinetly get a k&n drop in. An abd big bore is a good idea also. But you aren't going to see much improvment in performance unless you get an exhaust system. Not just a 50 dollar pep boys fart can. Get a good catback system. Like techtonics for example. Then you can slowly build from there. After that i would probably do some suspension and so on. Let us know if you need any more help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts