VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been working on making a custom cold air intake for my 97 jetta, and there is the tube that runs from the exhaust maifold to the stock air box... how do you cap that off or something? what do they do with the neuspeed p-flow? If you have any idea id aprciate it thanks

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i have a abd big bore intake tube on my 96 jetta andyep thats what i did with my breather but i opted for a k/n it has a chrome top on it

·
Registered
180 Posts
the tube you are refering to could also be to just direct the heat from the manifold to the airbox to help warm up the engine... once the airbox is removed that tube serves no purpose and can be removed at the manifold... i don't know if its the same on your's but the earlier mk3's were like that

·
Registered
124 Posts
All that I did waS CAP MINE. I have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, no this isn’t the breather I know where that goes. But yeah I have it temporarily caped off. I have to figure out a more permanent solution, at lest till I get headers. Any sugestions on how to cap it off would help thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
that is just a vent hole, doesnt need capping except on the air box end of the hose. i removed the heat sheild from the manifold on my car and it just redirects that heat to the air box.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea but i dont have an airbox, so i cant cap anything on the airbox end. Unless i dont understand what you mean.

·
Registered
175 Posts
then you dont have to worry bout it. just to be sure it is about 2 inches in diameter and is not connected to any thing top side?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts