VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Passenger side power window regulator slipped off the window because window was frozen to the weatherstripping.

-Passenger side door lock isn't operating from when locked via remote.

-Drove around for 20 minutes without heat because the fans were frozen.

-Chilled tires, frozen suspension making the car feel like a Flintstone mobile until it 'warms up' after a mile or so.

-Scraping the ice off the windshield and dusting off the snow in work clothes then going to work to find out you can't do anything because there isn't a DBA to create a copy of PROD database into DEVL, one hour at the client wasted as well as above time spent on other items listed, aggrivating.

-Knowing that Spring always comes just before I lose my sanity... priceless.

Anyone else have any winter issues with their MkIV? I gotta give mine a little credit, once warmed up she runs like a champ and still makes me smile.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I threw a CEL because the chip is dumping too much fuel in when it dips below 10 degrees...throws a "System too Rich" code. Im just glad I work for the dealer, and can erase at my leisure. Other than that, no problems. Gotta love heated recaros.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
just besides the rough start up in the morning and rough ride for a bit. besides that the turbo is loving the nice cold air!!!
jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Temp sensor was giving me trouble, other than that I'm A-ok

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Threw a, out of washer fluid code yesterday stopped and picked some up and refilled all is ok now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!! I had the same problem!! I felt so handy when I fixed it. hehe.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ2112:
-Passenger side power window regulator slipped off the window because window was frozen to the weatherstripping.

-Passenger side door lock isn't operating from when locked via remote.

-Drove around for 20 minutes without heat because the fans were frozen.

-Chilled tires, frozen suspension making the car feel like a Flintstone mobile until it 'warms up' after a mile or so.

-Scraping the ice off the windshield and dusting off the snow in work clothes then going to work to find out you can't do anything because there isn't a DBA to create a copy of PROD database into DEVL, one hour at the client wasted as well as above time spent on other items listed, aggrivating.

-Knowing that Spring always comes just before I lose my sanity... priceless.

Anyone else have any winter issues with their MkIV? I gotta give mine a little credit, once warmed up she runs like a champ and still makes me smile.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor little jetta is backlashing at you for ricing it out! hehe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well i have a TDI which the fuel jelled on and left me unable to get to work last week So it could be worse... Also opend my pass door this am threw my bag in off i went.... got to work now my door wont open from the outside any ideas why?

·
Registered
471 Posts
All 4 door were frozen shut on Monday AM. A little spray-on windshield de-icer fixed it right up.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
no problemos for me. I just let it run for 5-10 min in the morning, and 2-3 min when leaving work. the vr purrrs like a kitten when its warm.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Poor little jetta is backlashing at you for ricing it out! hehe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shoulda known you'd bring up chinese food again. Sheesh!

Oh I forgot to add the washer fluid out and when I went to replace that while at "On The Run" I saw my freaking CAI disconnected from the MAF. Argh! Thank goodness for the screwdriver in the spare tire area! Shame on me for not tightening it enough in the first place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts