VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Jetta with the Navi package and the upgraded audio. Here's my problem:

• When I leave my iPhone 4 (using iOS 5.01) plugged in (or plug it in before I turn the car on) and turn the car on, the audio will come through the speakers for a short period of time. As soon as the Bluetooth syncs, the audio cuts out.
  • The iPhone keeps playing as I can see the timer on the track still counting up.
  • The only way to regain the audio is to unplug and re-plug the cable to the iPhone.
  • This also happens sometimes now when I complete a call on the handsfree Bluetooth speaker/mic. However in this situation, the iPhone actually stops playing and I have to restart the track.
Granted, this is a small inconvenience, however it is quite annoying, especially if I have someone in the passenger seat, and quite frankly, it shouldn't work this way.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is it thought to be an issue with the iPhone firmware/software or with the VW interface?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Your phone is transferring audio through bluetooth. On your RNS510, press the Media button and wait for BT-Audio to light up. Your music playing from youyr iPhone will come through the speakers without you having to use your 3.5mm audio jack. Much better than having a cord attached to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts