VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering vette wheels (bought)

So first off the wheels are the 35th anniversary Im thinking off getting these cuz they are going to be a bargain not even a bill for them. But of course Ive done some searching and know Im going to spend more.

Im going to need the 5x112 adapter. Some kind of spacer but not exactly sure how much or what kind. So any help is appreciated not very knowledgeable on this wheel topic. Loving the look especially cuz of the price lol. Would love feedback from any owners and previous owners of these wheels.

Oh and I know that I am going to need coilovers no matter what so it can look nice but that was already a work in progres and I though i was going to wait a bit to get new rims but with this bargain really thinking of getting coilovers already and the wheels and what ever else I need.

Oh and before many say this look is too overplayed and what not believe it or not since owning my jetta never seen one car with vette wheels on the street Ive known about vette wheels on jetta but havent seen one yet to this day.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
33mm adapters 5x100 to 5x120.65 or something. Might need to go 35mm for the fronts since they are 9.5in. Wide. 205/45 or 215/45 tires.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
33mm adapters 5x100 to 5x120.65 or something. Might need to go 35mm for the fronts since they are 9.5in. Wide. 205/45 or 215/45 tires.
Ok great!!! Thanks for all this helpful feed back. So this pretty much it huh..
Oh and to achieve a nice stretch on the tire the 215/45 is the better choice??

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok great thanks to everybody steering me in the right direction definitely picking this wheels up by this weekend and start working on them as quickly as possible maybe some powder coating would be nice :]

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Im running 33mm adapter on the front with a 8.5 wheel with a 215/45/17 and i am on raceland ultimos and just clear the lower spring perch in the front. Im running a 30mm adapter in the rear on a 9.5 wheel and have no problems. Im not sure what the 35 aniversary wheels are but im sitting on sawblades.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
35ths are just 9.5 all around. +56 offset too. I couldn't fit 9.5's up front with racelands and 33mm adapters.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so a 38mm adapter in the front it is

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
It depends on what coilovers you go with. The guy was using original Racelands with his 33mm adapters and 9.5" and 205/40 tires. Think it's going to vary slightly per car. Might have to do a little trial and error.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
I am super interested in how it looks, I've been contemplating running all 18x9.5 c5s

Apparently this is

Front - 18x9.5 215/40 38mm adapters
Rear - 18x9.5 225/40 36mm adapters

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It depends on what coilovers you go with. The guy was using original Racelands with his 33mm adapters and 9.5" and 205/40 tires. Think it's going to vary slightly per car. Might have to do a little trial and error.
True but dam really hoping to avoid trial and error oh and Im going with some raceland ultimos

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Oh almost forgot lol just got home from picking up the wheels :)
will absolutely work on them this weekend going to give them a nice wash and get them ready for some powder coating.
another question umm how do u polish the lip??

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Start with 600 grit sandpaper and work your way up to 3000+ then polishing compound. I did my sawblades before I sold them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Start with 600 grit sandpaper and work your way up to 3000+ then polishing compound. I did my sawblades before I sold them.
Nice dude...
A friend suggested to sandblast them, good idea???
And then use polishing compound on the lip??

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Media blast them. Sand is too rough and will pit them most likely. If you look in the DIY section I made a thread about polishing wheels. Its a timely and dirty process.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts