VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I noticed I was leaking coolant pretty good. I found where it was leaking from, which was/is leaking around what looks to be a sensor that plugs into my engine (97 VR6). I think its the engine temp sensor because its leaking coolant. The engine never overheated or ran hot. It ran at normal temp. Im thinking its just a shitty gasket around that sensor or something..but it hasn't really leaked for a few days. *knock on wood* If anyone has ever had this happen or has any input, let me know. Thanks

p.s. I was wondering where the radiator drain plug was at so I can flush the system and add new coolant because it had pink cooland and I put the green Prestone stuff in the resivoir, it said it can be mixxed with any color tho. thanks again

·
Registered
55 Posts
Uh, there's no drain plug on your VR6 that I know of. And mixing the green stuff with the pink is a huge mistake. The pink was G11 or G12 and specially designed for your VR6. Now you're going to have to drain the entire car of coolant and start over or you're going to have some big time cooling problems.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
On a VR6 there is a drain plug on the coolant pipe for the record, as this is an old thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts