VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my car after letting it sit for about 3 weeks(it's parked for winter) and after about 45 seconds my low coolant light came on. I started looking for a leak and the only wet spot on the whole engine was right around the cylinder head coolant flange. I checked the bolts to make sure it was tight, which it was. It was wet around the temp sensor and the hose that comes out of the bottom. The hose on the bottom was tight and just looks like antifreeze ran down onto it. The coolant sensor is loose and wiggles around when you grab it, could that be the cause of the leak? Would it cause me to have lost that much antifreeze in 3 weeks of being parked?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Both. The new coolant flange should come with the one for sealing it to the block but not the cts one.
I replaced mine a few months back and it didn't.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm going to just replace the cts while I'm in there too. What is the red block off plate next to the hole for the cts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, Okay. I assumed the block off for the SAI went down by the pump. I'll be removing mine this winter when I do the other work to my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts