VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Girlfriends Jetta GL 2.0 has a coolant light that is flashing. I dont know much about VW's, but I read in the manual that if the light is flashing that it is low on coolant. So I checked that, and it was a little low. I added some, but the light is still flashing. I do not know where to go from here, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Yeah. GLGod is right. My mk4 gti just had the same type of problem. I started it up, and it flashed "STOP-check coolant level" on the led screen. I filled it up to the max level of the coolant "bubble", and let it run for like 5 minutes. The coolant light hasn't come on ever since. I hope this helped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I filled it up, and it didnt stop. The coolant in her coolant buble looks brown. IS that normal? I cant say that I have ever seen brown coolant before. But I did fill it up, and it didnt stop. Any other sugestions? Thanks.

PB

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would suggest a flush for the winter if you are concered with the apperance. Second check your electric connection to the bubble. IF that is loose that would cause the blinking. Thats about all that I can think of...Hope all goes well. And have a great Christmas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts