VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, I absolutely love my NBC! I've had it for just about a week now and I love every second that I spend in it. There's just one problem though...

I just got my NBC about a week ago. The first morning that I drove it I noticed that the blue coolant light came on, but I've noticed that for some reason it only comes on in the morning and goes away in no more than 15 seconds. I had a coolant problem with my 2000 Jetta that I just got rid of, but whenever that light came on it would give an alert beep as well as stay on for quite some time. Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks for any help!
Jen

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The NB's dont have a temp guage on them, so instead, when the engine is "cold", or not warmed up, that blue thermometer will come on. If it overheats, it will turn red. It freaked me out when my wifes beetle did that too, but I figured it out with the help of my trusty owners manual.

Congrats on the vertible. How is the wind noise in it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks so much for the helpful advice! I knew I should have gotten around to reading that manual,lol. That makes me feel much better now, I was worried that it started having problems already! Yikes. And as for the noise, it's surprisingly quiet. I owned a Mustang Convert
.... which really sucked, and it was beyond loud...not to mention the roof leaked like there was no tomorrow. I have to say, I'm really impressed by this triple-layer roof that the NBC come with, money well spent in my opinion!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Glad I could help...

Oh yea, I forgot in the first post..

Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts