VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8t with 137k miles. It has been working great until here recently. Replaced water pump, and timing belt at 116k. Now it runs too cool, yeah its crazy. At idle after running for a while, temp will get up to about 100 deg. then drive it and it goes down. Replaced Engine Coolant temp sensor. Still does the same. Replace FI temp sensor. Worked for half a day. Temp went right back to norm. 190 and drove around went to the store and light came back on. The temp went down on it again. The code is "problem with cooling system". It's not overheating. I drive it 110 miles per day to work and back doing about 75 mph to 95 mph. I do reg maintenance all the time. I'm lost on this one. It's not the water pump or it would be overheating, and that is easy to see. Faulty wire some where???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today, warmed up the car temp came up to normal. Drove to work and once on the highway temp started going down slowly. It did not go all the way down. It stayed there all the way to work (52 miles). Came into town and sat at light slowly it came back up. So i pulled over and let it idle for a couple of minutes and it came up to reg. 190. I drove down the street and it came down just a tad. So as soon as i drive it more it comes down.???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts