VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alow me to explain myself.
my friend owns a 1992 corrado with a 1996 vr6 transplant. Lots has been done to the car.

coilovers
custom a/c(custom pipes and such, works great!!)
custom strut bars
sway bars
17in alloy wheels
nitto's
cams
modified rear spoiler(80mph lift)
shortshifter
etc

mostly bolt on stuff, nothing spectacular

the interior is leather, but seats have two seams busting loose, one on drivers seat, second in rear seat. i also am having problems with the steering rack and think i am going to replace it.

the deal is we are trying to sell the car, it runs great!! very strong, has idle problems cause by that filter canister thing(dont know vw specific name for it) which i am replacing when the part arrives.

this car will be going on ebay and i want to knwo your alls opinion on what price i shoul dbe looking at and where to set my reserve. also if theirs anyone in central florida who wants to help me with the steering rack it would be greatly appreciated. later y'all!!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
It really dependds on how the swap was done. Was it a shop and if so do you have reciepts. If done at home is everything wired correct etc. And any reciepts you have for parts helps alot. If the body is in could shape (not too many dings) It may go for 6or7. But that is without seeing it. You'll never get back what you put in when there's a swap involved. And also since they make a vr6 corrado it's not quite worth as much as if it were in a mk2 You get me. I see slc's for sale all the time for under 10,000. Good luck with the sale and i hope you get all the bugs worked out before oyou sell. You'll get more after the rack and what not are fixed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
even though it is a swapped vr, the engine has only 60k on it which is awesome. as long as the body is in good condition i think you get about 6 to 7 for it as stated above. good luck selling it and with the steering rack.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bluemk2:
even though it is a swapped vr, the engine has only 60k on it which is awesome. as long as the body is in good condition i think you get about 6 to 7 for it as stated above. good luck selling it and with the steering rack.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed. good luck man.

·
Registered
131 Posts
people want corrados. especially if they have low motor miles like yours-60k. if the body is nice- you could put it on the corner of a street with a price of 8000 obo, and i garuntee when they see it they want it. people pay to be different! it books at like 7000 i think.
Zak

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry, ive been away for a bit getting quotes on the interior, and this week the windows stop working, i think a fuse blew which isnt good because i thnik a wire might burn up, so i am going to go through the wirirng and everything, do vr6's have oil coolers? if not i think i am going to instal one or instal a bigger one, the ver heating problem is solved(the fans are wired up to work when the air is installed) so i am going to hook up a adjustable fan switch so they will blow when the car is turned off, temperatures have also come down since yesterday when i flushed the oil system, put some new valvoline and engine restorer, and a new filter. i have some sheet aluminum and am going to make some duct work for the radiator and engine air flow.

the body is in GREAT conditon, except some jerk came and tried to pop off the corrado emblem but they only got the "C" off before they took off. i am gonna have the paint proffesionally polished and im gonna do some polishing of my one on some aluminum bits and heat shields im adding.

and the reason the idle is so ruff is cause the cams are rediculous lift and duration, so i think im going to need to adjust the idle a bit, probably over the 1000 mark. do you guys know if the idle on the vr6 is adjusted via the ecu or mechanically? thanks for your help guys, 6 or 7 grand would be great for the car considering it was bought for 6500, the instal the previos owner did is very satisfactory, although he screwed up the fans(or maybe just didnt think of letting them run all the time) i think it would be cool if i can hook up a speed reader to the fan switch, so they would come on when ever the car is turned on, and then ounce you hit 30-40mph they would turn off to let more air through, what do you guys think of plans? any other tricks to egtting this thing running really well? hit me up on aim if you want "elballoonrat"-Tim

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I'm pretty sure they have a oil cooler but not 100%. It doesn't mean it was swapped with the engine though. You'll have to look to find out for sure. Good luck with everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts