VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
who needs a predecessor when you got an r32. quite possibly even an r36 in the works. honestly i never knew there was even an idea for a pred. kool

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
not that i am hating but damn the golf owners who enjoy the 32. i wish the gli came with the option of having the r32 motor. i would have sold my getta and baught the 32 powered gli. to bad huh? maybe next time.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
not that i am hating but damn the golf owners who enjoy the 32. i wish the gli came with the option of having the r32 motor. i would have sold my getta and baught the 32 powered gli. to bad huh? maybe next time.
Yes - if they had made a awd R32 Jetta I would have been all over that shit - I enjoy my sedan.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tommunist said:
who needs a predecessor when you got an r32. quite possibly even an r36 in the works.
An R36 would indeed be nice...
An R is definittely hot, it almost blew my mind when I took a 90 turn at 35/40. No screaching or anything. But the Corrado was/is just an all out BEAST! Styling, cockpit. Maybe it's just the memory of the times. I'll never forget pulling up to school in my brothers black VR6 in 94. These two chic's were sweatin me hard. Later got a kiss from one of them :shock: :D She was SOOO HOT!!! I'll never forget that moment as long as I live. On top of that, I felt like a king driving that car! I took that car to homecoming that year. Let me stop reminiscing :lol:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
ah to think back to the days and remeber what if. you wanted the rocco to help you score a little 3 way huh? pimp the car huh? haha... we all have our memories. sounds like your wasnt to darn bad. :D

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Tommunist said:
Yes - if they had made a awd R32 Jetta I would have been all over that shit - I enjoy my sedan.
agreed!! :D

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I think there is a little confusion here.

A Predecessor is someone/something that came before the current.
A Successor is the correct term you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
GTIVR62801 said:
I think there is a little confusion here.

A Predecessor is someone/something that came before the current.
A Successor is the correct term you are looking for.
Carson with the English lesson... :lol: :wink:

All the pictures/p chops I've seen of the R36 show four doors, so maybe they're trying to find a happy medium between sporty hatchback and granny sedans. :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
i think the reason they didn't make an r32 jetta is because it would be a direct competitor with the evo/wrx. and although i like vw's alot, lets face facts, the r32 really isn't competition for the evo/wrx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts