VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i noticed that my car made this slight "squeeling" noise that sounds like metal on metal (like a bad wheel bearing or something) that was coming from the passenger side of my car. i only really noticed it when i was turning to the right or going straight on the highway and it went away when i would turn to the left. any ideas ? also as noted in a previous post, my 2.0 seems to guzzle oil without leaking it...my question is should i ask my dealer to check out these 2 problems because i still have the factory 50K mile warranty and i only have 33K on the car ?

[ January 26, 2004: Message edited by: 2 point slow ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey i dont know about the squeeling noise, but i have a 2.0 too and it sucks down the oil....i have to add oil usually once a week. I would still say bring it to the dealer tho and have them have a look.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Off topic: Ryan, where in NH are you from?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2 point slow:
Andover, its a small town about 30 minutes north of Concord<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed you are. I watched your motoX trailers the other day. They look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
777 Posts
be ready to pay, my diagnosis was 72 bucks for them to tell me i had an exhaust leak a week after i had it professionally installed (there was no leak) and that the clanking from under my car would go away if i paid them $750 to change my fluids and put on a set of plug wires. i told them what i thought of their diagnosis, soon after i was asked to leave before the "authorites" where called, still waiting for a call back from VWOA

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>my question is should i ask my dealer to check out these 2 problems because i still have the factory 50K mile warranty and i only have 33K on the car ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's your best bet...it certainly won't hurt to ask. I would be pretty forward about it to ensure they check it thoroughly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts