VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you might have heard me mention that i was thinking about selling my car. Well i came across a 2001 Wolfensburg(sp) Jetta. I know db and rich will be happy when i say that it's Black
It only has 23,000 miles on it which is half what i have on my 2001 GTI. A couple question's i was going to ask the dealer before i sign the dotted line are:
1) Have all the coils been changed to the newest ones
2) Have the window Reg's been replaced?
3) Has the car been in any accidents

Over all apperance the car is almost mint. It already had a sweet looking exhaust which i think is Remus. One thing i did notice is that it didn't have the Wolf Badge under the Side turn single. They guy told me that 2001 is the only year it didn't come with the badge. But looking inside it has the sport seaats like my GTI and the three spoke stearing wheel. Is there anything else i'm overlooking?? Any other questions i should ask?? Oh yea, did these come with foglights?? This car does not have them

Thanks
jon

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
sounds nice jon. I would def ask for a carfax report. (to see if it was in any accidents, or if any dogs drove it into a lake--from the commercial...) glad to hear that you found something so quick.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
sounds nice jon. I would def ask for a carfax report. (to see if it was in any accidents, or if any dogs drove it into a lake--from the commercial...) glad to hear that you found something so quick.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!! but yeah, ask for a carfax and ask them to detail it inside and out before they give it to you. unless they would already do that. also, is this a certified pre owned?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well just got off the phone with the salesman. (damn they are aggresive) The coils and Window Reg's have been replaced, It is a Cert. Preowned. I think i will still do a car fax just to make sure. So now it looks like it's just finding a good loan for it!!
jon

·
Registered
324 Posts
welcome to the good side
reason i love jettas is cuz they are like a gti with more space for a phat system. But yeah, good luck with the new car man

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I know I am way late to this thread, but 01 Wolfsburgs definately have badges on both fenders. Mine does. Get a report before you buy that.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it is a wolfburg according to my insurance when i gave them the vin #. it has all the things that the WB has. Wheels and all. What prob happen was they took the badge off.
jon

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey Johnny-boy sent ya a PM, also in case you ever are interested let me know if you are interested in knowing my contacts (swindlers, dealers and other stuff) for little things in Dover. Might help ya in the future if ya want......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts