VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't even been a member but twenty minutes and the question bombing begins. I was just wondering if anyone has a haltec in their car and if so how do they like it. I was thinking of getting the APR chip, but for a little bit more I can get the haltec and not have to send off the cpu everytime I change something in the engine. well, maybe not a little bit more, but you get the point.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I really don't know to many people that chiped there VR6. The main reason is that there are little gains from it Sorry i can't be more help!!
Oh yea. Welcome !!!
jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
I really don't know to many people that chiped there VR6. The main reason is that there are little gains from it Sorry i can't be more help!!
Oh yea. Welcome !!!
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Granted I have not chipped mine yet, they do give you 10 hp, and there are not many mods you will get that for $300 with.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Your right there. I guess i'm spoiled with the 1.8t and getting 40-50hp and tq

jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, and APR doesn't make a chip for the VR6, only the 1.8 cause its an Audi motor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ok GUYS
I had to do it and i Holy shit what a difference. I got my car chipped with the GIAC X chip. I can believe the difference. Holy shit it is like i am driving a whole new car. Anyways with the down pipe and a K&N filter. it is unbelievable. I was skeptical chipping my car but i think it is really worth the money and the rush.
nav

1 - 6 of 6 Posts