VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of those blue wide angle euro mirrors for the DUB. I went in to install them myself and I found out the hard way that when I popped out the stock mirror the bracket and gear rods decided to come off with it. So when I went back in to put it back together I accidentally broke one of the two plastic rods that control the mirror.
I went to the dealer today to try and buy one and I only found two options. Either I can buy the actual stock mirror (which I don't need) or buy the ENTIRE driver sides mirror unit already assembled for $152!!! Just for a piece that on dealer markup might cost $1.00 to get crazy.
So after hassling this kid (who was an old friend of mine) for about ten minutes he takes me out back (not to fight). Shows me two Jettas, same year, same color and same options but both with blown engines. Tells me that if I can take apart the mirror right now in front of him I can have all the parts I need to fix my problem free of charge.
.......needless to say five minutes after he said that I already had my mirror put back together and working just fine and I left him standing there with the wires dangling and the stock mirror in his hand. You gotta love these guys!!!!!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Yea, the guys at DoverVW are great. They have always hooked me up!!
jon

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John, the one that I took the parts I needed off of was a silver Jetta with a VR6 and there is an Audi A4 1.8T in front of it with a motor problem too! Maybe parts to salvage off of if we can!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts