VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 Golf that creaks when being driven slowly on the somewhat lumpy roads around Palo Alto!

The sounds are from the rear of the car and almost sound as if the doors are the culprit...

Has anyone else had this problem, maybe its normal, but I've been away from VW ownership for a couple of years and don't remember my previous rides (seven VW/Audi from Scirocco to '99 A3 Turbo) every being so noisy...

On the freeway its silent BTW...

Any reassuances or info's appreciated...

sTeVE

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ha join the cub...most of mk4s snap crackle and pop...atleast mine does. on bumpy roads it will be more noticable however, on the freeway you probably wont hear anything because the road is nice and smooth. i dont know if there is anything you can do about the noises. you can try taking it to the dealer but i just learned to ignore it

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
My VR6 GTI does this as well, it happens more when it's real cold. I had it into the dealership once and they lubbed up the door joints real good and that solved it. I would suggest doing the same then if it happens more turn up the Radio so you don't hear it. That's what I do!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Do you guys have the problem of the door lube crapping out onto your rocker panels?

I hate that crap, and its on there every time it gets remotely warm.

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: db ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Do you guys have the problem of the door lube crapping out onto your rocker panels?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh hell yeah! One time it gooooed out so much I was like what the! Looked like a huge puss ball! Nutz I tell ya....nutz!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noisy hatch

I just bought a 2003 GTI VR6 and have same problems. The hatch rattles over bumps and sometime during regular shifting. I'll try the lube trick as well as inquire with the dealership.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
fli gti said:

That stuff is just the crap and piss from the gremlins that live in there and eat the window regulators. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts