VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys like better the new style cup holder or the old ones where it was on top of the headunit? I think the cup holder on top looked better, but its bad cuz water might drip down and damage ur stuff!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I had the old kind-the one with the holes cutout-but it was busted. I replaced it with the new style ones-the ones that "hug" the cup. Are there newer ones that are in another location? mine is above the "pocket" above the radio and heat/ac controls.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the newer ones are under your armrest.....

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I prefer the B-type cupholders (ones that hug the cup) because they will hold a 7-11 big gulp without complaint.

But then again, VW's aren't really designed to have cupholders in the first place...why would you need a cupholder driving 145 on the Autobahn?

·
Registered
471 Posts
We've had too many close calls with the upper cupholders. I opted to install the `04 cupholder console. IMO- Its not as nice looking as the older console, but its much more functional.

[ February 14, 2004: Message edited by: brenshlus ]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I like my new cupholders. They have a pocket underneath to store stuff and so drinks don't drip on my headunit.

Sorry for the picture quality, they were on my phone cam

[ February 14, 2004: Message edited by: Gti20thAEinDE ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts