VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the newer 2002 oem cupholders will fit in a 2000 gti?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info bart

-jb

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
How difficult is it to mount the cup holders? My 03 GTI 1.8T didn't come with them and I was thinking of getting a set to install. I was also thinking of putting a turbo timer there, but thanks to Big Dong's advice (and the problems involved) I think I could use a few more cup holders. Anybody else not get the cup holders, because I tested a 24V VR6 and it had them in it....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The loaner Jetta I have doesn't have the pop-out kind, just the kind that are down on the center console, I think this is b/.c it is an automatic. perhaps just the manuals have the pop out kind?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Those are the cup holders that I am talking about. I currently have the one on the center console in front of the armrest, the larger mug-accomidating one under the armrest, and the third adjustable one for the rear passenger. I don't have the fold out one over the stereo (which was a bummer, since I really liked the idea
). It might just be my car though; I had to have them replace the head unit because it was cracked and had a slight dent in it, and I guess I forgot to ask about the cup holders when I picked it up (I was too happy with the rest of the car
).

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2000 VR6 is an automatic and it has the ones that pop out of the dash.
Don

·
Registered
777 Posts
DO ANY OF YALL HAVE THE EMERGENCY BREAK ON THE FLOOR INSTEAD OF BETWEEN THE SEATS??

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight VR6:
DO ANY OF YALL HAVE THE EMERGENCY BREAK ON THE FLOOR INSTEAD OF BETWEEN THE SEATS??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha he said yall...my e-brake in my 2000 gti vr6 is between the seats. j/k bout the yall-its just different. around were I live, they say "yous" example "yous guys." dont ask me, I dont live there. (york, PA)

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I got mine from a salvaged golf off the internet. I contacted a guy who was parting out a golf with front end damamge. so interior pieces were a-ok. I havent heard of new vws not coming with cupholders...the one Im talking about is in the dash-where you push in, and it pops out...are we on the same page? hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts