VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Ok, I am pretty new to the forum, looking for some of your ideas on my issue. We have a 2004 Jetta 1.8T, the car has 44,000 miles on it. I was cleaning out the car a couple weeks ago & noticed that the carpet was wet on both sides(driver & passenger). What could this be from? The A/C drain plugged? Any other ideas? We have not used the A/C now in over a week & the carpet seems to be drying, though we have not had any rain either.

Thanks

Cody

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
have you been washing your car? Possible sunroof drains are clogged. Open your sunroof and use a air compressor and blow out your drains. When you open your doors its the pinched off rubber tubes in the front of your door frame. Try that first. It coould also be collecting and running down from your window cowl @ your fresh air vent. Open that and see if its damp in there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

have you been washing your car? Possible sunroof drains are clogged. Open your sunroof and use a air compressor and blow out your drains. When you open your doors its the pinched off rubber tubes in the front of your door frame. Try that first. It coould also be collecting and running down from your window cowl @ your fresh air vent. Open that and see if its damp in there.
yes, i have washed the car a few times.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
yes, i have washed the car a few times.

Check the window cowl and also blow out your sunroof drains. See if that helps first. The only other thing i can think of is maybe your door weather seals are leaking. If thats the case then go to the dealer and get new ones. Don't buy from a parts store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts