VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the dash indicator light: solid bulb failure. The driver side side turn signal works but the passenger side does not.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow 100 views and no replies! Every time I go to a mechanic it's "we don't work on Volkswagen" or "take to the dealer", "take it to the dealer". The idiot mechanic who changed my oil could not figure out why the bulb indicator light was on. Both fuse boxes do not have a legend telling me which fuse corresponds to which circuit. So which fuse corresponds to the passenger back light, turn signal and headlight not working? This is making me sick!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do the hazards work?

Is it the entire side that is out, front and rear?

What year and model car is this?

Give us some more info and you might get more replies. How about a picture if the warning light you see on the dash.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
steady headlight bulb indicator warning light

The headlight bulb indicator light is steady on. Not the tag light or tail light. And it's steady. Just replaced the driver's side low beam halogen H7 and all driver's side lights work fine.

Just because the passenger's side low beam bulb may be burned out the other lights (high beam turn signal, taillight) do NOT work ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Still not completely sure what the hell your talking about.

Are you saying that you still have a problem?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fuse box melting

The reason the right turn signals, the horn and the right low beam headlight did NOT work was not some little bulb that was out; it was the f#cking fuses. I took it to the dealer and the whole fuse/relay box under the hood need to be replaced. Retarded German engineer has to place the fuse box where it will heat up??
600 bucks to replace at the dealer. I'm glad I made the right decision to purchase an extended warranty because VWs are unreliable! Relatives and classmates drive Hondas and Toyotas with over 200k miles with never had an electrical problem. My 09 VW with only 50k miles gives me this sh#t!
It is very aggravating because I rent out my car and it cost me one thousand dollars in lost business. I HATE unreliable cars!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
but its working now right? if you rent out your car, look at it as cost of doing business, and place it in your veichle mantinance expense.
just saying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts