VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so, the daytime lights come on when you take off the parking brake. How do I make it so they DON'T come on when I release the parking brake, but they still come on when I toggle the headlight switch? This is a completely vain problem, but I don't like the look it gives my silver GTI with mk4 style headlights.
Danke.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pop out the headlight switch on the dash, locate the tfl pin and cover it with some electrical tape. Put the headlight switch back in place and...poof...No more daytime running lights!!!

-Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep, thats all it takes to get rid of them. Yank the fuse, the numbers should be on the fuse box so you can look up which one it really is.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
either way will work.... the pin on the headlight wiring is #15 its a yellow wire.... bight have a black stripe on ...not sure but its definitaly #15.... the relay is number 94..... either one will keep those lights off till you flip the switch

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys!!!! I need help! I don't seem to have fuse #95 on my 1998 VW GTI VR6. What do I do to get these darned day-time running lights off?!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ive been wondering how to get those daytime running lights off myself...found this post about relay #94 but I dont have a relay #94. I have a 1995 JettaIII celebration Edition. And what are warning lights? There is a relay labeled warning lights. Any ideas? Thanx
]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/539/2365ladyjettasbaby.jpg[/IMG][/url]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lady Jetta:
Ive been wondering how to get those daytime running lights off myself...found this post about relay #94 but I dont have a relay #94. I have a 1995 JettaIII celebration Edition. And what are warning lights? There is a relay labeled warning lights. Any ideas? Thanx
]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/539/2365ladyjettasbaby.jpg[/img][/url]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL, good try posting your pic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
LOL THANKS...I ACTUALLY THINK I GOT IT NOW

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Another easy one here!Remove the yellow wire going to your fuse panel!Just don't have the car running when you do this !

·
Registered
59 Posts
where does this yellow wire come from?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it the yellow wire with the black stripe that goes to the headlights??

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have the same jetta, it's a jetta3 GL celebration, the relay is way way wayyy up at the top of the fusebox, pop out the clips on either side of the fusebox and pull the whole thing down, the relay is red with white writing, it should be there, if not, u gotta tell me how they come on witout the relay, cause now u got me curious, btw, anyone around here live in MA? preferably near wakefield, i'm tryin to get a group together for shows and stuff next year

thanks

josh

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi

Thanx for the info....Without the relay for the daytime running lights all you have to do is turn the headlight switch to on at night...just like good old fashioned headlights.

·
Registered
141 Posts
lol i knew.... that, about turning on the switch, i was wondering how your lights turned on without the switch being turned on as safety lights without the relay... if that made any sense at all....lol

:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
pulling the relay only turns out the front lights, what if i want my taillights off during the day too? i hate the fact that the taillights are on everytime the car is running, i want this thing to be stealth and how can i do that with two red lights on my ass? lol, any suggestions on how to get those damn things off? would cutting one of the wires on the headlight switch do it? i already pulled relay 94

1 - 19 of 19 Posts