VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled the daytime safety light relay, but that only turns out the headlights, i want it so my tail lights are off as well untill i turn on the headlight switch... any thoughts?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when the car is running, the tail lights are on, i want them off

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they do on mine too, and i dont like them lol, any thoughts on getting rid of them?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Up to 1995 the taillights were on with the headlights, for the DRL's. My friend had a 96 Jetta with just the headlights on and not the tails. That's how I know.

On my 95 Jetta I just pulled reley #94 and all the DRL's were off, including the tails.

Good Luck
Hope this helps

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dammit... i pulled 94 a while ago and they're still on...... hmmm now it's time to get inventive... i'll cook up something... i'm thinking a relay that closes the circut only when the headlights have power....

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
If you unhook the yellow wire by the fuse panel under the dash the daytime running lights will go out !There is no tailight daytime lights .

·
Registered
59 Posts
you mean all this time Ive had the damn tail lights on too?? That sux. The mechanic that "fixed" my baby left the entire circuit diagram in my car...wonder if it will help anybody?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts