·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Sears, $100 for a stinking battery

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i experienced the sluggish starts with my car after having the battery disconnected and reconnected while working on the car. im pretty sure the sluggishness is a result from the ecu reseting itself after the disconnection of the battery. atleast this is what i was told before. mine usually resets itself after a few good drives. it mite be a little different b/c i also have a autotech chip running in my car as well. hope some of this info was a little helpfull
-chris

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to take my passat for a drive Yesterday (since I haven't driven it in about a week) I turned the key and nothing....

I know in the owners manual it says about taking it to the dealership to replace the battery because they can change it without losing power to the ECU and other electronic parts. But what the hell the car was already dead what harm could it do???

·
Registered
777 Posts
i am having the same problem, unfortunately ever since mine happened (a week now) ive had sluggish starts, is there somthing about these batts that makes them go bad if they ever go dead? and to keep power to the ECU just hook up a jump box to the battery cables while you do it and wrap the ends in cloth till you put them back on....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, I just had to replace my Batt. too. 70$ - 8$ core charge at O'reiley. THat damn battery box is a pain in the ass to dismantle in the dark! The only problem I had was that it disabled my Automatic window one-up/down feature.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Yeah, mine hasn't been starting as well as it did lasat winter, I better not need a new battery soon...ugh. I killed mine the toher day too, I was waiting in a parking lot at work with my heat, radio, and dome light on and on engine, then I fell asleep... oops

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well, I had a service appointment like two days after, and so they just reset the code. They also said my alarm code was wrong, and fixed it. Now when I unlock the doors, it beeps twice... its never done that before.

·
Registered
777 Posts
will an optima y/t fit in the mk4 batt box?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Seems like everyone else is having the same problem. My battery crapped out on me as well this week. Took it to the shop to get some minor work done, but the car wouldn't restart after the guy drove it over for me! After a jump, I take it home, only to have it die when I start it up to go out later that night. Damn!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts