VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a chance to buy a black 2003 2.0L jetta with 150 000km.

They are asking 4000 for it.

this is the description they gave.

2003 Black VW Jetta, 2.0L Engine, great Fuel Economy, very well maintained, great condition, regular oil changes and checks, 2 sets of tires, only 150,000km- hwy kilometres

Fully Loaded:
Automatic
heated seats
power windows and locks
CD/FM radio stereo
A/C
Cruise Control
Fold Down rear seats
Gas Tank, Trunk, Rear Seat lock out option
2 Sets of Tires
2 sets mats
Excellent Fuel Economy
Charcoal Grey Interior
ABS
115 Horsepower

Ive uploaded some pictures they also posted.

Do you guys think its a good deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's pretty steep, a dealer gave me a quote one time and it was approaching a grand.

I changed the belt, water pump, tensioner and pulley in my 1.8T and it took me about 9 hours. I bought the parts for around $320. It wasn't too bad but labor intensive, hence all the time. But with the money you'd save, you could start a pretty good tool collection. But I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have any wrenching experience.

But since you have a different engine, the cost of the job will probably differ.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of maintenance should i do other than timing belt? Also how hard would it be to change the timing belt.... i have basically know engine knowledge but am willing to learn.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
timing belt.. itself.. isnt really bad.. but the thing about it is.. if you fuk up.. and dont do it right.. you COULD ruin ur engine by sending a piston into your valves. FYI

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree, it seems like a good deal. I re-read my post and it may have looked like I said that the car was steep, but I really meant that getting a timing belt changed at a dealer was steep.

But even paying a dealer to do the timing belt service is cheaper than buying a new car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i feel like that price is kinda steep. i got a 99 golf with 95k it was the gls version, sunroof, ect. nothing wrong with iit at all and i only paid $2500 for it and i havent had any problems with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts