VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a post on this earlier, but i couldnt find it. But to debadge the back end, all you need to do is heat up the badge, use some dental floss to get underneath the badge, and use goo off or somet shit like that right? Just wondering if thats what people have done. My friend and i are debadgin his 325i and my GTi. Should look nasty.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Yeah, that will pretty much do it. I had to scrape some of the sticky crap off too, and it scratched my hatch a little, so be careful. It's a lot easier ot do on a hot day also, then it's already nice and hot.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Yeah. I scratched my hatch a little too when I was doing my rear badge. I used a heat gun (use a hair dryer if you dont have a heat gun) to heat the area up first, sprayed goo gone around the badge, pulled behind the badge with dental floss. then I carefully-well not careful enough-scraped away the rest of the foam and sprayed goo gone on it. clean it up with more goo gone, and wipe off with water. done. good luck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
hmmm, i wouldnt recommend scraping anything off, thats asking for trouble, just use a little elbow grease with the goof off and it should do the trick, thats all i needed. Oh, and if you have access to it, I would cut and buff the area you debadged after debadging, you will noticed that the area under the badge will be faded and you will be able to see teh outline of your badge, buffing it out will fix it. GOOD LUCK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts