VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was rewarded for working on Columbus Day by losing my engine due to a road hazard (carved-up road, no signs or warnings). Was told by VW dealer that they saw shrapnel in my oil pan and that means I'll need a new engine. Just got my car three months ago (decided I desrved my lime green black leather, heated seats, etc. but I haven't had great luck) so you can imagine how upset I am at the idea that my insurance company doesn't want to go for a new engine and doesn't seem to think I should need to get information on the status of my car's health after two weeks of just sitting in the VW shop.

So what I really need to know is: should I insist on a new engine, could I accept a VW factory-rebuilt engine...I really don't think I should have to settle for any old rebuilt with an unknown history. Help please.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Without knowing the damage to your current engine its hard to say. Push for a new one if u can get it awsome, if not a factory rebuilt one wouldnt be bad. Insurance companys always come off hard at first...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts