VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 GTI that has the Digifant system and I was wondering if anyone had any good mods for these cars? I was actually hoping that maybe we could get a complete posting of all the mods that we know of for these cars in one thread. This might help us Dubbers that have the Digifant system and are looking for mods. I know it would make it a lot easier instead of reading through a bunch of posts just to reread the same info. If anyone has comments on it, pluses minuses, or links to previous threads or what not, it would greatly be appreciated.

So far the mods I have heard of are the 2 chips for the digifant system and the MAF Fuel Enrichment mod.

Synthogen

·
Registered
52 Posts
Swiss cheesed airbox and K&N filter
Cam
Intake
Exhaust
CSW Chip, TT Chip
adjustable cam gear

pretty much every other bolt on mod possible for a naturally aspirated car. I mean there is only so much you can do to a digi fuel injection system, but a cam and intake/exhaust is of great benefit on a Digi car. The MAF fuel enrichment mod is a good one too, but there is no word if this will work with a chip or against a chip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been wondering the same thing. Would the MAF enrichment mod affect a chip positively or negatively? I guess the best thing to do is to try them both. Mod it without the chip and see how much it improves the car, then chip it and adjust it back. Would seem like a good idea to check it out if anyone hasn't done it already.

Synthogen

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would assume that it wouldn't work to well. I mean a chip richens the fuel mixture and so does the fuel enrichment mod. It might make the car run way too rich.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TURBO!
Or nitrous; back in the day, my brother hooked up a 75 wet shot to my golf and ran a [email protected] with the airbox/exhaust disconnected. I would do some internal work first before going this route.
Upgraded chips use better fuel maps and more aggressive ignition maps, but they usually require higher octane fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the AMS chip for my 90 Jetta Digifant II non/CA 8V 2L. It is great on power, smoother, no lags, BUT.... I had to start the car twice every morning. Once warmed up, it started fine, but 2 starts every morn got to be too annoying, so I went back to stock. Oh, also, on hot days, pinging which worried me.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts