VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just did this...it's totally easy and i love it! all it takes is a sharp x-acto knife and a file(you actually don't need a file but i used it to clean it up a little).

Use the metal tray that your deck slides into to measure the size of hole you need. Then just cut away. I used a wide, flat file to square it up at the ends. All the wires will reach when you re-route them to the bottom. There is a cruise control module mounted under the ashtray. I just used velcro to mount it to the top of the cubby tray.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sorry no pics of mine. I just cut the hole using the metal ring as said above. Then made a little metal bracket and used a nut on the little threaded rod sticking out the back of the radio. Then drilled a hole in the top of the lower cubby and use a nut and bolt to hold it on. Looks and works good. But I'm gonna fiberglass mine in soon . I'll take pics as i do it. good luck. It's very simple to do. Later

·
Registered
524 Posts
I know this has been done before so I'm hopin for some good feedback... I want to relocate my head unit to where the ashtray is now. What dimensions do I need to cut out? And how can I do it easily>? if anyone has pics it would help a lot. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts