VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had my car broken into yesterday

good thing is they were scared off before they got in, broke the window though and the car is at vw staying out of the rain and is costing me 300 bones.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Sorry to hear that. How did they get scared off?? Someone see them??
jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Dude! that sucks. At least they didn't get off with anything, except you having to get a new window. When my nissan got broken into, the retards couldnt figure out how to get the deck out of the dash, so they left it half ipped out and just took the faceplate. Do yo know how hard it is to convince the stereo manufacturer that you have a deck, and that someone stole the faceplate???

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
damn.. sorry to hear about the break in... i have it happen to me 3 times allready. but that was with my 92 golf. hopefully never in my 96. yea the first time my golf was broken into they picked the lock and stole all the stereo stuff, then the second time i was at work and they threw a brick thru my side window to get all my stuff... i no how it feels, its pretty shitty but theres nothin u can really do about it b/c theres always gonna be people jeoulous of your car and there's always gonna be thieves that are broke asses and cant afford the stuff in the first place...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car.. I hope you can get it back soon!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I had already 2 brake ins into my car. But not into my Jetta. (Thank God).

Ever since then. I am not putting money into Car Audio.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Happened to me last summer. Buggers took my stereo but really pissed me off is that they took my golf clubs. It was a long three weeks before I got my new golf clubs!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeamSAS:
thats why i have 5 % tint all the way around wif an alarm..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a black car with 5% tint on it and alpine alarm system (back then it was good) -- the car got hit by the thieves twice... So you were sayin' ?

The moral of the story? If they want it they will get it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I dont think it really matters what you have on your car, if they want something, they will pretty much do anything to get it. there will always be stupid people out there. I have never experienced a break in, and I am very thankful.-I just hope nothing happens. sorry to hear about the broken window whiteboy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah I never understand how they take the shit...my friend's jetta got broken into and they took his alpine head...now we spent about 3 hours installing this thing, I could've sworn it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get out of there, even if you wanted to. Guess I was wrong...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hey sry to hear taht man. i would be hella pissed. glad that it was only the window though man!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My strategy is to drive a rusty 1987 Fox four door. Even so, I had a ratchet set, discman and jacket stolen from it. There is no defense against theivery. I think in many cases, alarms are a waste of money.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nimble:
My strategy is to drive a rusty 1987 Fox four door.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, reminds me of an old SNL sketch with Phil Hartman. It was a comercial that was for a new car. It looked like a HUGE P.O.S. on the outside, but had the interior of a Benz. It was great, don't remember what it was called though.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
It was called the camilian(sp). When you armed the alarm, the front dropped like the axle broke!! Very funny!!
jon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts