VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a month ago I got head work done because my timing belt snapped on the freeway and my valves got bent. I also had to replace the o ring to the oil cooler. About two weeks ago I noticed my coolant level started to drop. I have to keep putting in coolant every three days it seems and I also smell coolant when the car warms up through the ac vents. My cooling system has been pressurized to look for leaks but nothing was found. My vw mechanic told me that it could be leaking into the head, but my oil is not milky and my coolant does not contain oil either. He finally suggested that it could be the coolant bubble (it is old and dirty). What are you guys take on this? Anyone else experience this mystery?

·
Registered
137 Posts
have you been checking the ground where you park for any leaks on the pavement? is your temp needle steady? maybe you should try to burp the system to make sure coolant is properly through the system, either that or give it a flush and monitor the situation from there.

i have to say i live in maryland and with the horribly cold weather we've had and driving in a couple snowstorms i found my coolant level curiously low. when i added some coolant the bubble filled right up and there are no coolant leaks that i can see, meaning my system still has coolant it just seemed to burn up a bit extra driving in low gears at fairly high rpm in the snow etc. fluid levels etc. are definitely something you want to keep an eye on in shitty weather conditions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts