VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how hard it would be to make a turbo for a 2.0 with out buying the kit, my friend said he could do it bt idk if he actually can, can i just use any turbine and modify my exhaust manifold and slap an intercooler on it and itll work or am i goina have to go with the kit?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Yes, you could piece together your own setup which would have to include: Turbo, Manifold, Fuel upgrade, Software, Hardware/Gaskets, Etc...
It sometimes is going to be cheaper buying a kit that already includes all the required equipment though. There are companies out there that you can piece stuff together, such as ATP, if it's about budgeting your money. Also, you won't be able to bolt on just any turbo, you would have to appropriate it to the size of your engine. What are trying to go for exactly?

Josh

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yes you could do it but that doesnt make it a good idea.... this is left up to someone that knows their sh!t. even so the only parts that you would probably save $$ on are the tubing pieces.... just get a kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts