VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I don't know how accurate this is but, I've heard from quite a few people that mk4 VR6s don't get gains from headers so it simply isnt done.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I'm pretty sure no one makes a header for the 24v VR in the MK4 chassis... at least not yet.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ricky:
I wanted to kon if anyone knows any sites were the have headers for the Vr6 4th generation?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also asked this question couple months ago about the 12v. I couldn't find a header for that either.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I think I've seen them for a MK3 VR6 and they were something like $700, pretty ridiculous if you ask me. And I have also heard you don't get any gains from them.

·
Registered
872 Posts
i had a set on my VR6 and i got at max 3-5 horse... but if you really want them we took a pair of Supersprint headers for an MK3 VR6 and cut them a little and adjusted where the brackets hit and they fit... but if i could to it over theres better things go spend $ on

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Here is one set I found; they are bosal and are at this link:

performancecafe

Also; the site says that you need a new cat and some minor modification to the heat shields to fit on Mk4s.

[ December 17, 2003: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

[ December 17, 2003: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts