VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Bay Area, San Jose. Does anyone know a good Jetta Mechanic. I just need some basic maintenance done on my 97 Jetta to mention few, transmission oil change, tune-up, & radiator flush.

I've been calling around shops but some of them are saying oh! a VW and they always say that it costs more because its a European car. Everthing costs a lot these days but non of them could give me a straight answer of, Yes, I guarantee my workmanship.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I know afew but sadly they are 3000 miles from you.I hope I get to caly some day!Sounds like they need more vw's .

·
Registered
9 Posts
This really won't help you much, but in Richmond, Va there are 2 or 3 (i know def. 2) mechanic shops that specify in just vw's there a big help, so if any is stopping by va, give 'em a shot there a bunch of nice guys too

·
Registered
182 Posts
Another reply that won't help you...but, in Newton, NC there is a mechanic that works on VWs only. He constantly gets phone calls from the local dealership with questions on how to fix stuff. He's reasonably priced, and a christian, so you can trust his work

He replaced my automatic tranny a couple years back for around $200

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i thought i mite as well add who i take mine to when things get outa hand. i take mine to Baums Service Center in New Cumberland PA. he's a vw god.. he knows his shit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I live in Richmond, Ca. and I have a great VW mechanic... Mike Letcher, he owns Letcher Bros. in Pinole. check him out, excellent work, and excellent prices.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually, God physically manifests Himself in the hands of a Christian mechanic and errors are never made.

Seriously, many people believe that Christian business owners are more trustworthy and respectful than non-Christians. I've seen this proven true and also, sadly, very false!

[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: DON'T H8 MY '98 VR6 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts