VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i roll up my drivers side window sometimes when it gets to the top it clunks and rolls back down and i cant interupt it, it rolls ALL the way down, then it wont go back up with the one touch feature, i have to hold the button, it happens about twice a month or so. not often enough that i could reproduce it for the service department

·
Registered
158 Posts
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WINDOW REG REPLACED?

if not I would seriously consider taking it to the dealer asap, and use your sunroof for the time being.

no sarcasm- this is exactly what mine were doing before they did their disappearing act into the door.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WU-CHILD:
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WINDOW REG REPLACED?

no sarcasm- this is exactly what mine were doing before they did their disappearing act into the door.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Wu. Mine were doing the same thing. i stopped using my windows and made an appointment to get mine replaced. it's not fun starting a new job the window thing happen the night before your first day and you go through 4 tolls during your commute

jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My passenger window has done this since day one. They have replaced the regulater, the alignment tracks, and adjusted it about 5 times. No luck. It doesn't do it real often, and Its usually when it is hot out.

My theory is that the child roll back (in case you have your arm or your kids neck in the window when it rolls up) is advanced too far, and so it reacts when it hits the top of the window seat. But I can't get VW to confirm this.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I haven't had mine replaced isnce they came out with the new part, so I still have 2 defective ones
My passanger side window is starting to roll up slowly again...I'm making an appointment tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
my driver's side window doesn't go down when I push it all the way. I usually doesnt do anything. then I push it all the way down again, and it sometimes stutters, and then goes down all the way. is that the same type of problem you think? thanks.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ive never had that problem, Brian. That to me sounds like the tracks just need to be lubed. Make sure if you get that done you roll it up and down about a dozen times before you leave the dealer, cause on my wifes beetle it left damn black streaks of grease on the window, and those ruined the weatherstripping, etc etc... but they fixed it.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1fstgti:
when i roll up my drivers side window sometimes when it gets to the top it clunks and rolls back down and i cant interupt it, it rolls ALL the way down, then it wont go back up with the one touch feature, i have to hold the button, it happens about twice a month or so. not often enough that i could reproduce it for the service department
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You window reg is defiantly going to need to be replaced. This is a common sign that happens right before the nice crack and crash. Don't feel bad I had both sides replaced on my GTI and the passenger on the Jetta. This is a common recall problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool, thanks guys, ive had this problem since day one as well, it doesnt bother me too much but it is kind of annoying on the highway, ill have to make an appt. with the dealer and see if i can get a new regulator!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1fstgti:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i had this problem before but that was about 3 months ago and hasn't happened since. i think it only happened twice since i got my car about 9 months ago.

i went to the dealership when i was getting my coil pack's replaced and i asked if the window regulator would fail and the service manager said that this problem was fixed for the 2002 models. but it seems from this post that people with 2002's have had window regulator's fail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts