VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Jetta 2.0 GL Sedan

One night at 3am the factory alarm on the car randomly goes off we look out the window dont see anything, go outside, everything seems to be ok. Go back to sleep. The next day, we realize the door ajar light will not turn off. It shows the driver side door is open, when in fact it is definitely closed. Over a week the car decides it does not want to start anymore, we jump it and take it down to pep boys they do a complete charging system check and the voltage regulator, alternator, starter and battery come back good, they say its possibly the sensor in the door drawing power while the car is off and depleting the battery - is this right?

I did some research and come up with door switch actuator, but every where I look it says if the interior door light near the bottom will be dead that will indicate the actuator is bad. All of our interior door lights work fine as well as the dome light.

Please VW experts help me out. This is my first VW so I need a little explaining, Im not 100% up to VW lingo yet. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would still think door switch, it just failed thinking the door is open, not closed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You can get ones from China on eBay for half that, even less (they were around $35 recently).

·
Registered
322 Posts
From what I understand, they actually are VW parts since they still make the mk4 over there. I have to find the link again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts