VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door handle on my 1986 golf seem to jam and wont open.But other days they are fine.I am going to try oiling first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Mark, almost definitely just need a good lube, v common problem, Try a spray cleaner ( disc brake cleaner etc) 1st, and then a spray lube

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
The #1 thing missing at the common dub junkyard... Door handles! Seams the water gets to 'em and then they break...

WD-40 works for me...

Jetta Phreak

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I just hope that this problem has been solved for the MK4s. I don't want to spend my green on freakkin' door handles.

Did any of you try using aftermarket door handles? And did they last longer?

Should I spray WD40 on my handles to prevent this from happening? See the problem is... sometimes when you spray wd40 on a perfectly good part that is lubricated at the factory, it will react with the current lube by making it harder, thuss ruining it even sooner. What to do?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
relacing door handles is really easy. i have dont it before. it takes less then 30 minutes if done right and a new one is like $40 around in washington. best of luck with that man.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i think im just gunna throw on some audi door handels so i dont have this problem.. i gotta lean on my door to open it

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
haha same! only 2 of my friends can open the passenger side door and only i can get the drivers! its great! if i forget to lock my door, i am not that worried cuz they are suchh a bitch to open! hahaha

·
Registered
20 Posts
where can i get some audi door handles

·
Registered
92 Posts
what really ticks me off are imbacels that dont know how to open vdub doors instead of squeze an pull the friggin idiots just pull AAAAHHH had two perfectly good door handle ripped off the car actually made one buddy wake home cause i was so pised off yearly maintenance keeps my door handles a one finger affair an everytime i go to my locale recycling yard i skarf every handle there got a pretty good collection

1 - 11 of 11 Posts