VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys....maybe its just on my car but almost all the door handles on my 85 Jetta work like shit..the back two barely ever actually open the car? does anyone know of any other door handles made for the a2 Jetta? or any handles that could be fit in to work on it? thanks soo much for the help hope ya guys can help me

·
Registered
8 Posts
you can get audi a4 door handles
ive seen a kit online that you can order
they are the older audi lift style door handles
and im sure they wont seize as bad.sorry i dont have a link
i would check concept1.ca

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i was going to get the chineese door handles. They're less then 60 bucks and from i hear from some people who have them they work great. I was all set to buy some and then i coudn't get a hold of the guy who was selling them on this forum. Check vortex. They're direct bolt on. As cool as the audi handles are it takes a bit of bodywork. Where these need no modification to work.

G

·
0 Posts
if u get old handles from a porshe 911 or 914 they will bolt right up...thats what i'm doing to mine

·
Registered
573 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Skool MK2:
if u get old handles from a porshe 911 or 914 they will bolt right up...thats what i'm doing to mine
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where were you able to find a set? Any info would be appreciated, as my handles have been giving me a bit of trouble this winter. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
The old Porsche handles had all the same problems the VW handles did... with one more problem. They're far more expensive to replace. As far as I know they don't bolt up, could be wrong though.

I have a friend with Chinese handles and he loves them. There were a couple sets on ebay last I looked.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah the Chinese handles (as well as the Chinese trunkplate and taillights) are usually up on Ebay from time to time. If I'm not mistaken, it's usually one guy based out of Hong Kong who posts those auctions. He'll occaisionally also post up a set of fog lights as well.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
check out this post:

mk3 style handles
"These are Chinese VW Mk2 Jetta handles that works like Mk3 handles. That is why they work on Mk2 Golf and Jetta. Hope this clarifies a lot of the confusion. "

If I had a mk2, I would def get these. hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts