VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2009 VW CC (MK6) and recently the passenger rear door is making issues. At first the power window wouldn't work (door didn't lock either). This wasn't too bad at first but then battery died over night. Now I do have the RCD330plus radio head unit installed and know there is a drain issue. However, I have installed it 1 year ago and never had any issues. Battery is also 1 year old. I assume at this point, that the car thinks the door is still open/unlatched and therefore doesn't put the car to sleep resulting in the head unit pulling power over night. I have removed the fuse for now and there is not enough drain over night to deplete the battery. But - the door needs fixed:

Here are the symptoms:

Rear Passenger Door

• Power Window does not work (neither by pushing switch on door nor through driver door switch)
  • Door Lock does not work (neither manual nor through remote nor through driver door)
  • When door open, it won't show as ajar on the front display (all others do)
  • When I lock the car through remote the horn will not sound, the door will not lock
  • HOWEVER, when I unplug the wiring harness that leads from the car to the door and plug it back in (while car is running), the door lock works manually (pushing button on the door but not through remote) and the power window works as well (only through switch on passenger door - not from driver door switch)
  • this is reset when I turn the car off and back on

What I have done so far:
  • Checked all fuses (due to the battery drain) in engine compartment as well as at the side of the driver dash - all are intact
  • I disconnected the rubber boot and wiring harness where door attaches to car and checked the cables. They all look great
  • I checked the latch for any dirt and its fine visibly (Have not taken it apart)
  • I have not taken the door panel off to look behind
  • There are no lights or error codes (OBD2) - don't have any other scanners

Through research here in the forum, could these be possible causes?
  • Door switch bad or not contacting properly. I saw that the door switch or door latch assembly is a common issue but would this affect the power window as well?
  • Wiring defect/broken somewhere? It's weird as the power window and lock do work manually when I unplug and plug in the wiring harness at the door. So the wires deliver the power and the motors for each are working

I am leaning towards replacing the latch mechanism and hope that will fix it.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having this same problem but it’s with the rear drivers side. Did you find a fix??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts