VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Jetta 3, the drivers side door lock pin was knocked off track. When i went to repalce the pins, I accidently knocked the pin down inside the door. When I cant take off the whole door panel. When I loosen the screws around the frame but the panel seems to get stuck around the handle.

Can anyone give me tips or instructions on how to take off the driver's side door panel?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
are u talken about the window crank handle? if so. the circuluar shim rite behind the actual window crank pops out to the side allowing the crank to be pulled off. then the rest of the door pannel should pull rite off as long as u removed all the screws.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
May be a good idea to look around for someone with a Bentley manual. I had a garbage truck break my sideview a couple of months ago and had to go through the same crap of trying to take my door panel apart.

·
Registered
423 Posts
There are 2 phillips screws under the pull handle on the door. Take a pick or small screwdriver and pry the center contoured pull handle trim piece on the door off, but make sure you pry from the bottom edge of the trim piece because if you pry to hard you will gouge the door panel and then if that happens at least its on the bottom were nobody sees it. Had to pull mine off also to install sideview. Hope this helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark:
Does the car have electric windows or roll downs?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have electric windows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts