VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys what was the name of the glue to fix the out side trim of the door called?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
3M moulding mount tape!

Clean both surfaces very well, apply when the car is warm, do it in the sun. Apply pressure, and you are good to go.
The tape can be purchased at Autozone or PepBoys.

Supposedly there is some sort of 3M 5200 marine adhesive yu can get at HomeDepot, but I think it's more expensive, and requires a caulking gun. I have even heard somewhere about 3M weather strip glue!?!?

I think the early A3's (93-95) used clips for the molding. After that they used glue or tape. If that the case in your situation, I would suggest going to the dealer or parts4vws, and getting those clips. They are supposed to be pretty cheap, and easy to install.

[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: Josh Fryauff ]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
141 Posts
here's the deal with the clips THEY SUCK!!!
they're a bitch to put in and break wicked easily..... i had them on my jetta and then when i got it painted i went to the junkyard and got color keyed molding.

To put the moulding on i used a 2 part epoxy.. it worked like a charm.. also permaseal makes an adhesive that comes in a grey tube and you can get a autozone, it's a type of contact cemement... that's what i use and it works like a charm... just be careful not to drip any on the painted surface

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts