VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(John you should know this area, the car wash next to Dunkin Donuts on 13 in Dover)

Just got back from washin my car, yeah I know it's like 1130 at night, but I just had a good laugh. I pulled up to our local self car wash and started washin my car. Noticed alot of the younger folk hangin out and decided to pull out and dry off the car. Well, i put on my rear fog and just the front headlight fogs and pulled out to a spot. Little did i know, that car wash somehow grew RICE EVERYWHERE.
While I was drying off a bunch of kids that thought they knew me from the old stereo shop i used to work at were out yellin,"Yo dude, your brake light it messed up, it aint goin out!" I just hollered back, it's a european thing you wouldn't understand, next thing you know they were all buggin about it tryin to figure it out, askin a million questions.

So jon, if in the next couple days you see a bunch of rice with rear fog (or cheap imitations) I'm sorry. LOL

RICE PATTIES

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
HA HA HA HA...

I had the same thing happen to me... that is why I changed it to the double brake light mod.

Dumbasses...

That's toooooo funny.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Ah, the one right by Double D!! There's always that Ghetto MB there and a Caddy with TV's in the headrest that i seee there almost every night. All the honda and Neon people always just stare me down. Maybe the Euro's should take it over

jon

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW013:
[QB it's a european thing you wouldn't understand, [/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hehehe that's funny. What is so difficult about rear fogs?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Ok Ok,

I have a confession. About 4 or 5 months ago, I see an A6, i think, rolling down the road. And I see this one light that is just ON. I pull next to the guy and ask him what was up with his light. Of course, it was his fog light. I felt like a little bit of a retard. But then again, it was a bright sunny day.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I know some euro cars have one rear fog light on the rear driver side (in the tail lights). I remember a vwf member from somewhere in europe posted pics of his polo or lupo, and it was like clear instead of red or smoked.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i remember that also. why do they have them on the drivers side? just wondering really. not trying to be stupid.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
hahah what a bunch of idiots. i saw a sweet benz with one. a girl i had in m car was like wtf??? hahahah

·
Registered
273 Posts
my dad's volvo c70 has one...i think i read somewhere about the minis not having them here since americans don't get it and would just always leave them on and blind following traffic all the time

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only time I use it on my bug is when someone from out of the area is following me.....too many black bugs, not enough differences.

·
Registered
893 Posts
ok being that i dont even have front fogs on my GL im so confused rightnow.... i dont think ive ever seen a rear fog on to be honest... next time my aunt comes over with her beetle ill have to check this rear fog thing out!!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mk3grl:
ok being that i dont even have front fogs on my GL im so confused rightnow.... i dont think ive ever seen a rear fog on to be honest... next time my aunt comes over with her beetle ill have to check this rear fog thing out!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a good look at my signatre. You can see both fog lights on. The lower portion of the taillight.

Here is a better look.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
lol damn ricers!

anyways i was just wondering, besides the euro switch, what else do you have to do to get the rear foggers on your car?

i think i wanna do this. it'll make my car stand out from all the other silver gti's in my area.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:

i think i wanna do this. it'll make my car stand out from all the other silver gti's in my area.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See below for help on that.

You will def. stand out... you have no idea how many dubbers with jetta's ask me how I've done it. LOL

That is all you have to do.

Here is the full mod tutorial.

MOD click me MOD click me MOD click me MOD click me

Hope this helps.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I did this mod 3 days after i got my Jetta. It's funny when i see peoples eyes really open up when i hit the brakes.
jon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts