VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I was my 2015 Passat TDI I have to wrap the side view mirrors in towels to catch the water that drips out and onto the doors without the towels in place, does anyone else notice this ? Any better solutions hahaha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Every time I was my 2015 Passat TDI I have to wrap the side view mirrors in towels to catch the water that drips out and onto the doors without the towels in place, does anyone else notice this ? Any better solutions hahaha
The design of side mirrors on newer cars is terrible ,no good solution. You can use a leaf blower, hair dryer, heater. Stuff paper towels under the mirrors inside the housings after a car wash. Do a buck 20 (120)mph then dry your car. Or you could resort to a my radical solution. Put Two pieces of blue painters tape along the bottom of the mirror housing, one piece on top of the other so it’s thick, to protect the finish Drill small holes (1/16”) x 2 of them through the tape and housing at the furthest and lowest point away from the door panel, out of plain view/sight. Or ignore my response all together cuz I’m just a crazy person and you probably have a different car by now... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts