VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new on here. I have a 2000 silver GL. Had bad luck all round with it since I got it (it has been reliable though) and it has been housed up now for about 5 months while I've just been tooling about in the Miata. My bad luck list includes the O2 sensor (of course), a bad CD player replaced three times and the front driver's side being trashed by someone not looking where they were going. His insurance fixed me up only for some other clown to rip off my driver's side mirror the ONE AND ONLY time I left it parked on the street. The final straw was discovering the rear brakes, rotors and all, eaten right through a few months back. I have two questions.

First, a good source for a new driver's side mirror. It is only heated, not powered to move. I would replace both if buying a pair is a good way to go.

Secondly, brake parts. Again I need a good source. Rear rotors, pads and front pads.

I would have used the dealership in my area (Ed Schmidt, Perrysburg) but they are awful. My last oil change there resulted in my rocker sill having to be filled and resprayed! Therefore I'm on my own.

Thanks

Ed.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts