VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally....it has been packaged into a kit and released today by our friends at ATP.

It's not a complete kit, I am still gonna need a fuel pump, injectors, FMIC, and software (or trick the ECU with a diode on the MAP and size the MAF and injectors appropriately), but that allows me to have enough room to really tune it and customize it to what I want instead of having to go with what they put together for me. I could actually run this on stock software/fueling as long as I run it no higher than 10psi till I save enough for the other stuff, but it won't be nearly as fast as my current setup till the fueling is taken care of.

I'm talking about 115+mph traps, and 350ish whp on pump gas with this guy. Anyone know what it is........

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
All these turbos are making me jealous. I never knew how cool they were until recently - mainly b/c I never took the time to understand how they work. Someday I'll have one but on the ole 2.8 (sometime soon after warranty is up hopefully
)

So what is the deal with this turbo??

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i'm not sure what it is but it sounds like ur car is gonna be hella fast after u add this!

i know it's a turbo with something

[ December 18, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Better add driveshafts to that list
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You talking to me, big dong or both?

[ December 18, 2003: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The 28RS is a fine turbo. I'm still debating between it and the 30R. The spool up time on the 28 is so tempting!!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Its tested at 12/13 second 1/4 miles, im also looking into it. Anyone have an idea where the boost would kick in?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
With a turbo back, and a less restricted exhaust manifold, I believe it gets up before 3000rpms. I don't have any maps or real numbers but I heard it's almost as quick as the K03/04.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I dont know much about turbos, but that 1 looks like it would get along with my engine very well

Oh my stock turbo kick in at 2000 rpm, and im happy with it, until i save enough $ to get an upgrade

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Anyway, does anyone know if this setup has the same mounting point for the downpipe, or do you have to go full custom setup?

The reason I ask is because I would like to get an exhaust soon, but when I saw the 28RS and the numbers it can put out I am hooked! unfortinately, it won't for for a while

I figure if I can get a 3" Turbo-back now I can get a little more performance and sound now and be set for the turbo upgrade later.

Oh, by the way, which direction do you think you'll go Big Dong, Software tune or not? Let us know

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 LUVR:
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Anyway, does anyone know if this setup has the same mounting point for the downpipe, or do you have to go full custom setup?

The reason I ask is because I would like to get an exhaust soon, but when I saw the 28RS and the numbers it can put out I am hooked! unfortinately, it won't for for a while

I figure if I can get a 3" Turbo-back now I can get a little more performance and sound now and be set for the turbo upgrade later.

Oh, by the way, which direction do you think you'll go Big Dong, Software tune or not? Let us know
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Usually a downpipe is part of one of these kits. Get the 3" turboback, and when your ready to buy the kit, get the new downpipe and sell the old one to apply towards the cost of the kit. You can still use the catback.

When I do this, I will probably not get software right away, I will probably try my luck at tuning it on my own with either my current APR 93/100 K03 file, or on stock software.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts