VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..how do your MK3 golfs andf jettas do in snow? i was wondering if itd be ok for my freind to go out driving in one since its 4in deep here in york today, oh well our other friend has an Audi 1.8T Quattro..gotta love it...haha...give me some feedback when you can
-Dave-

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
All I know is that I just got my snowtires put on my 83 gti rims, and i am ready for it to snow snow snow. last year, the car was fun, sliding around turns in controlled skids is the best. One funny thing is that i got a flat tire on my way to work in the middle of a snow storm and the snow plows plowed me onto the side of the road. Needless to say, my Jetta's little four-banger was enough to crash through the drift and back onto the road, all with a donut!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Had the little ladies MkIII Jetta up in Vermont, and Maine a few times last year during a few storms, she handled it like a champ. FWD is good in the snow, just get some decent snow tires, and use common sense while driving inthe white stuff.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, glad to hear dubs will take on the snow headfirst...yeah i was out with my mom in her saturn this morning and she actually let me hit up and empty snow covered parking lot...what a good time...donuts,and drifting around the lot...too bad it wasnt in a dub..

--dave--

·
Registered
148 Posts
my dub is going great
i like racing honda doen the road in the snow they suck

its awesome
later
let it snow

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i was allready out doin e brakes and slidin around, some pretty fun stuff if u can control them, last year i witnessed a mk2 jetta smack into a lightpole in big parking lot while doin e brakes in the snow... lol

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
i was the onnly one aloud to drive out of all my friends today, and the dub was doing awesome, didnt have any problems, of course i was driving very nice most of the time

amen to vw

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had to drive my jetta today...unfortunately, the stock rims are still in my garage. Let's just say, the 17's didn't grip too well in all that snow.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
After last years blizzard, I dug out the golf and drove aroung blasting through plowed intersections. The only vehicles out at that time were big truck and plows. I love to do quick u-turns on my street.
Thankfully the tires I ordered monday came in yesterday, and I got them put on last night.

·
Registered
759 Posts
my dub rocked the snow. not an mk3 but an mk2, it was awesome, i had it completely sideways around a turn. it really trucked through the snow. I also managed to get out of a drift and i plowed the snow up past my hood! it was sick, i love the snow!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
A4 w/ quattro, lol so fun

Drove my dads Jaguar S-type around the block, holy shit RWD sucks ass in the snow and they were almost bare roads. German engineering

·
Registered
192 Posts
lol haveing low profilr tires is snow is a no no i didnt have my winter tires on my steelies yet so it was a bad day for me but still fun to slide and do a burnout in 5th gear

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95JettaYork:
lol haveing low profilr tires is snow is a no no i didnt have my winter tires on my steelies yet so it was a bad day for me but still fun to slide and do a burnout in 5th gear
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way to Fuk ur tranny Colin, soon as that car grips and the car is going 2mph in 5th gear its not gonna be happy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i got all yall beat, i got thirty inches of snow over the past 48 hours, i took the jetta out a few times, shit it handles well... i did a few donuts and slides and stuff........ it handled really really well... i blasted throught about one and a half feet of snow because they dont plow my street very often, the thing went fine...

·
Registered
192 Posts
i dont care its a stage 2 its ok fun nazi!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
plus i was on the high way slpping so oh well

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95JettaYork:
plus i was on the high way slpping so oh well<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that isn't a 5th gear burnout than jackass, its called wheelspin, and its not a stage 2 its just a scahs sport clutch.

(Last post I promise)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts