Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner Member Name: dubdoc
Year: 1981
Make: VW
Model: Rabbit Pickup (AKA: Caddy)
Color: Silver

Summary of the car: Completely rebuilt from the ground up. It has a mostly GTI interior and appears totally stock

Pictures:

Engine Specs: Presently a warmed over 1.6 turbodiesel with a Passenger Performance downpipe and a 2.25" Magnaflow custom exhaust. Soon to be a 2 liter superdiesel (ported, ballanced, cam, big turbo, intercooler and heavily modified injection)

Suspension & Wheels: Presently stock, but soon will be lowered 3 inches on coilovers with some fine oldskool wheels.

Exterior Specs: Completely steel and stock, and it'll stay that way, except for a louvered hood.

Interior Specs: Jetta seats, GTI Console, New leather headliner and door cards, and mint oldskool AM/FM Stereo radio. Sirius Satelite Radio.

Notable Acomplishments: Took Best Rabbit in Show at a local meet here in October....more to come.

[/img]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sickgixxer69 said:
Looks really clean I always wanted one but never could find one in good condition.
If you really want one, look hard. I looked for 4 years. I finally posted a want ad on a Dutch forum and thought that I would fly over, see the truck and, if it was right, ship it home. The next day, I got a call from a guy 15 minutes from my house. He was a bit of a recluse and loved Mk 1s. He had this truck and a Cabby. He's been working on the truck for 15 years and had never driven it.....go figure. When he opened the door to his heated garage, and I caught sight of this gem, I said "I'll take it!!!"

·
Registered
636 Posts
just read the thread you posted, can't wait to see this thing together and some numbers on it. i'm in the midst of gathering parts for a 1.6/1.9 franken engine in my jetta, but i plan on running the same turbo and clutch if that counts for anything haha. otherwise i will just be intercooled, no plan for for water/meth injection, or a giles pump(i am too cheap for those haha.) but hopefully i will get my car together at the same quality as your car with some kind of a similar setup, i'd like to see 2 similarly modded engines compared, you know a 1.6/1.9 vs a 1.9. so maybe i will be forced to copy your setup haha.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the torquemonster lives in time to be stored for the winter. I've just driven the most thrilling 1600km that I could imagine. The new engine is a 2 liter (bored out AAZ) with a new ported head, Comp Cams valve gear, ARP throughout, a Giles pump, a Garret T-3 turbo and a complete custom downpipe and exhaust. I've also added a 4-puck ceramic clutch and an AUG tranny. With the boost set at 6psi for breakin, it'll pull away from Honda Civics at will. With 20psi, it should be amazing.
Note the tailgate lettering.. :D :D :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And here's the latest incarnation of the old girl Stripped her to the bare metal, repaired 2 small spots, primered, base/clear paint and a bit o wax.

Previous 1.6 TD

Present AAZ Torquemonster 147 horsepower and 255 ft lbs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts