VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, I heard you have to redirect the air back into the chamber for the turbo, unlike the Japs, their air is release into the atmosphere....does anyone have a blow-off valve?? and does it increase performance?

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fahmy:
Yo, I heard you have to redirect the air back into the chamber for the turbo, unlike the Japs, their air is release into the atmosphere....does anyone have a blow-off valve?? and does it increase performance?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I ran the HKS for 15k and sold it to a friend last Sat. Stick with the DV, you actually loose a bit of performance with the BOV as there is a slight time difference for the turbo to spool. The ride feels a bit smoother as well, but that could be my imagination.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:
...The ride feels a bit smoother as well, but that could be my imagination.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are right but it also has to do with the fact that its not as loud of a ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but I actually heard that the 2002 Jetta's come with a DV, so i'm just thinking, it is worth it?? Maybe I'll just get a CAI....but I really want the sound, hehe...
by the way, does anyone know what the stock boost is? I heard that the stock DV can handle 14.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fahmy:
Thanks, but I actually heard that the 2002 Jetta's come with a DV, so i'm just thinking, it is worth it?? Maybe I'll just get a CAI....but I really want the sound, hehe...
by the way, does anyone know what the stock boost is? I heard that the stock DV can handle 14.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All 1.8 turbos "come" with a DV. It's an upgraded DV that typically holds higher boost and has longer life (usually than stock) that everyone is interested in. Stock boost for a 2002 is 9-10 ish. I re-installed my stock DV and I boost around 17 and spike at 21, and the stock DV is holding fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts